Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Artful Blogger

This, I am discovering, is an interesting and interactive way to communicate, stay in touch, sell product and express ideas.  There are many bloggers out there who are willing to share their knowledge and offer tutorials on their sites.  Some give gifts or prizes!  Very generous souls! 

This "blog" won't have any pictures because I am still learning to do that and wasn't so successful this time.  Also, soon (Whit, please help!) I am hoping to get a playlist of what is on Pinky Pod and figure out how to change my "wallpaper". 

I admit that I enjoy reading other blogs but somehow cannot wrap my head around someone actually wanting to read anything I have set to an e-page.  I am struggling right now - want to show my darling Whit that I can do this without having to run to her every time, but ...

Michelle, a friend of Whitney's (they are both actually just real treats to know), is quite talented at putting thought to page.  She admits to being addicted to reading blogs.  This must allow her to take advantage of other ideas yet make them original to her.

Whitney (my niece) also has her business blog tied to her "chat" blog.

Brighid (my niece) is a fabulous photographer and always has great pics to look at.

Jalen (my niece - there are many) currently has a list of things she would like to do before a certain age. That would be an interesting idea to "borrow".

All of their sites have the following qualities I enjoy:  they have not taken them to a hugely sophisticated website level (yet); one feels invited into their lives (all far more interesting than mine); and - most importantly - all incorporate pictures.

Having looked at quite a few over the last weeks one thing is clear:  there are original ideas but, equally, "borrowed" ideas.  Not having any experience at this I know I will be "borrowing" for the first while.

No comments:

Post a Comment