Monday, July 26, 2010

Life through a lens

For a long portion of my life I carried a camera everywhere I went. The nieces and nephews were growing up and I felt the need to record every second I got to spend with them (and they were and are so darn cute!). Then they started having lives of their own: getting boyfriends; girlfriends; married even. Married! And the time just wasn't there anymore.


Now that they are older and I get to spend even less time with them I feel the need to once again record every second of it. As well, life is just far too interesting to not be with a camera.


It took me a long time to be convinced I needed to convert to digital but I have and not just with one camera but with two. I still keep my old SLR handy with black and white film it – it just has a certain nostalgia.


Bexx and Amy came to Kits this weekend to cruise 4th Avenue, visit their most fave auntie (not that they have a lot of selection) and see the fireworks.




I wish I could say she got her looks from me but, fortunately for her, she is only blessed with my personality!
Just a word about Bexx: not only is she drop dead beautiful and a talented dancer, she is one of the sweetest people in the world. She's at post-secondary school now and each time I see her she has decided to do something different but that's okay because she is getting really good at exploring her options. She has also started to incorporate volunteer work into her life.

Amy is just a little sweetheart as well.  We like to take her on day trips with us because she keeps us so entertained with her constant chatter.



Yes, she's wearing my pink helmut!  Who couldn't love that face ...


1 comment: