Monday, September 27, 2010

The Grand Old Lady ...

She celebrated 100 years this year and I know that I have been a faithful follower of hers for many years.  She offers a smorgasbord of delights.  Let's start with random pictures of people that attended the celebration.  I took all of these pictures not looking through the lens but just sitting it on the table and hoping for something good.

I know, I know - he just looks like Elvis turned garden gnome!

10:30 a.m. and it's nap time ...

If you're gonna eat I'm gonna try and photograph it.

A little bum floss adjustment ...

And the animals ...
Mmm ... you talkin' to me???

Redefining "head rest"

Maybe this is my better side ...

My love of pigs is only marginally smaller than my love of dawgies.

LAST, and certainly most important - THE FOOD!

Blue raspberry cotton candy - the times they are a changin'!

Deep fried jelly bellys - waaaaaay too sweet!

Remains of the day.

The gang -
Mo-poo and Lyle

Pat and Kim

Lyle and cotton candy

Shauna-banana

We tried it all - no beverage was left unsipped; no food left untried.

Yes, we waddled out of there with belts slightly loosened, dragging our feet.  I don't think we even walked 300 yards the entire day but we ate our way through it, conquered the taste treats to be had and left feeling totally sick to our stomachs - the way of a good day at the PNE.

No comments:

Post a Comment