Thursday, June 10, 2010

PLAY
 I will be doing a short(er) training ride on Sunday and would love some company for all or part of the ride.  If you prefer to just sit, enjoy what is supposed to be fabulous weather and watch me glide in, I will probably be at the Starbucks in Steveston at about 11:00 a.m.(ish) and will enjoy a bit of a rest there (maybe the Pickle will be there and you’ll get to meet her Fabulousness).

I am going to start at Iona Beach at about 8:00 a.m.  The other points where you may want to join me are:  #7 and River Road – there is a little park there (about 9:00 a.m.) and #6 and Westminster (about 10:30 a.m.).  I will stop at those two points for a stretch and a song!  And then on to Steveston.  Each of these points is about an 18K ride.

Guy will have his cell phone on (604) 788-8158 and you can phone him at any time to find out generally where I am at on the ride if there is some other point you would want to hook up with me.  Another good spot would be #5 Road at the dyke (just south of Steveston Hwy.).  I never wear a watch so these are only guesstimates.

DRINK
Seymour's Pub Liquor Store (702 Old Lillooet, North Vancouver) has been featuring a special Team Finn Wine.  I have not yet tasted it but it comes highly recommended – “The wine is good.  Really good.”  It has a pink (alway fabulous) label.  I have attached a photo of the wine and some tasting notes.  The wine is not available in government liquor stores.
The pub has been featuring the Team Finn Wine for a couple of months now with $2.00 from every bottle going to Team Finn.  That feature is going to end on Sunday night.  So now is the time to stock up for the bbq season. 


EAT and SING
Guy’s family is having a Canada Day party and attached is the invitation.  The band will be playing.  They have a pool and a hottub and lovely back yard to sit in.  You can either respond to me and I’ll let Karla know or you can respond to the email addresses on the invitation.



"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave
with the intention of arriving safely
in an attractive and well preserved body,
But rather to skid in sideways,
chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other,
body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming
"WOO HOO what a ride!"

No comments:

Post a Comment